Friday, December 9, 2011

Website Woes

I've been with website host since 2007. They offered free domain for life as long as I paid between $12 to $14 a month for all eternity. It ranges because their promos only last for so long and then the price goes up. But nevertheless, even though their sitebuilder was terrible, they were reliable. My site was never down, and always easy to find.


But alas, someone recommended me to turn away from what was comfortable, for something "cheaper".


Unfortunately cheaper meant paying for 3 years upfront, plus all their service charges. Ouch. But even still, I thought it was better than paying nearly $15 bucks a month for YEARS.


And I've had free hosting before, still do. But it does go along with my username inserted into their domain name which isn't good either. And super limited.


So. Although I am still with the old site, I have an account with the new site of which I have been with for months but does not work well for me. The site builder is horrible and I currently do not own Frontpage, Dreamweaver etc.


I've opted to go with another host. Free hosting, but I pay for my domain once a year. I've heard good and bad from all, and have to take my chances. Supposedly the other 3 year site is going to refund my money. If so, then I will write a positive thing but I've read it's hard to get a refund from them, if not all together impossible.


I will get away from my month to month billing finally, even if the cost is being domain locked. Scary if I don't like them but it's hard to not like the idea of keeping my dot com while enjoying free services, even if the sitebuilder sucks...or doesn't. Don't know yet.


It's all in motion now, no turning back. I just have to wait for everything to process.
I can't wait to design a new site though, I'm excited.          

No comments:

Post a Comment