Friday, January 13, 2012

New Website and Updates

Hi everyone,


I am so happy to announce the renovation of Spyderdust.com. After many risky inquires into other web hosts, I decided to stay with the same old tried and true but this time I went about it differently. I learned how to use Dreamweaver and code my own, this included making all my graphics from scratch. With the assistance of a few good friends I was able to figure out the trouble shooting and launch the site.


I have also finished pencilling Issue One, and have posted up the front cover for your viewing pleasure. You can also read Issue Zero online for free if you haven't purchased the comic yet. The reason for this is that I feel its more important for readers to become invested in the series at this point. I hope that if you like reading it thus far, perhaps you will enjoy it enough to have a tangible copy as a collector's item.


I was recently interviewed for my comic which was very exciting! I will also be co-hosting a panel with the talented Mellisa McCommon this Sunday at the Sac Anime convention on how to publish your own comics...assuming I don't go into labor- ha ha!


Yes, only two more weeks folks until yours truly will be a mommy! But don't worry, even if I am on hiatus for a few weeks or months, there's alot of plans in the works.


If everything goes as planned I will be a busy bee this next convention season.


Sac Con: March/artist
Sac Con: June/artist
Fanime: May/artist *crosses fingers*
Anime Expo: attending
Sac Anime: attending/artist undetermined
Alternative Press Expo: attending


As other conventions come up I will update this list. Many cons happen during the winter holiday season but this year I just couldn't do it captain, I don't have the power!


I'm also working on my dolls again. I have one doll 95% complete, just waiting for a coat of stinky model paint so I have to wait until I'm not pregnant anymore to be safe. I'm fixing broken ones and starting on a long awaited doll of my main hero character Lephisten.
 It feels good to be doing so much!


You can keep up to date with my numerous art endeavors by subscribing to The Spyder's Web blog, the e-mail newsletter, my Facebook, or DeviantArt. All links are available through my site.


Soon it will be baby time,
~Spyder

No comments:

Post a Comment